The Yea Peppercorn was built in the 1960s, featuring a bare-brick interior and old-world charm. Choosing it as a wedding destination, this hotel is 30 minutes’ drive from Melbourne, in Yea township. An authentic country wedding with the historic hotel situated across the Great Victorian Rail Trail. The Yea Peppercorn won the 2017 RACV Victorian Tourism Award and silver in the 2018 awards.
Facilities and Capacity
Book the entire hotel with boutique accommodation for your guests or choose another option.
● Kelly Dining Room offers a large wood fireplace, giant wood beams, and exposed original bricks for a warm, comforting ambience where up to 100 guests can comfortably be seated. Square wooden table and chairs, chair covers and linen, cutlery, dinner set, glasses and flower décor inclusive.
● Railway Lounge Bar caters for up to 30 standing and seated guests for intimate weddings. Casual with gleaming wood bar counter and bar chairs, round tables plus lounge chairs dressed in your choice colour.
● Terrace Garden caters for up to 100 guests under a weeping Peppercorn tree with umbrellas and seating and a marquee when weather requires.
● Wedding planner
● Adjustable wedding packages
● A photo opportunity or ceremony opportunity in Upper Balcony or Garden Terrace
● Take your guests on a tour of Yarra Valle and Upper Goulburn wineries with a 1987 Jaguar limousine
● Gift table, cake table plus a knife
● Off-street parking
Speak to the professional chef for a menu choice that includes all dietary requirements—a set menu or selection of gourmet canapes for a minimum of 40 guests.
Book one of 6 suites or the Peppercorn Villa, which is the only off-site accommodation. 6 suites include four upstairs suites with Queen size beds and access to an undercover veranda. A downstairs suite in the Garden suite that walks into the garden courtyard. All accommodation includes a full suite, couch and table, TV & Sound system, Minibar and air-conditioning.
When you want a historic country-style venue that gives you the freedom to have exclusive use of the grounds plus the hotel, reach out for the contact form now. Booking cancellations must be made a minimum of seven business days notice to avoid being charged with the full booking rate.