Located on the outskirts of Southern Highlands, Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat is an award-winning venue with consistent performance over the past 12 years. Despite having certain ups and downs, this venue has been a retreat for an ample amount of guests. After the bushfire of 2020, this venue has redeveloped themselves and made their space more stunning than ever to cater to the specific needs of different couples in New South Wales.
The Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat provides services that are more than average. Couples that choose this place as their venue will experience a three-day wedding festival with beautiful backdrops of nature. Couples willing to explore this stunning venue for their wedding can pick their spots for ceremonies and receptions.
Facilities and Capacity
Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat has separate spaces for reception and ceremony functions.
• The Rock Cathedral: This 320 million-year-old rock formation nestled among the bushes and is almost untouched. There is enough space provided to accommodate 100-200 seated guests with standing room for ceremonies and a stage. There also exists a hidden dressing room where you can add your finishing touches before walking down the aisle. Tying the knot under the ancient Bunya Tree will enhance the romantic atmosphere of your ceremony for sure.
• The Sunset Deck: After your ceremony, you can lead your guests to this area for them to relax and mingle before your reception. With open vistas and views of the Kangaroo Valley, it is the perfect place to hold your cocktail hour while watching the stunning sunsets the place has to offer. As the deck is wired with electricity, it is possible to bring a band to play your favourite songs while you and your guests enjoy drinks and canapés.
• The Function Area: With magnificent windows giving views of bushes and Apple Gum Trees and a classic indoor/outdoor fireplace to enhance the aura, it is a balance of the country rustic and modern architecture. It offers a bar, a studio 54 style dancefloor, and has the capacity to accommodate 128 guests for your reception, while it is possible to increase the number.
• The Boma (Firepit): This traditionally designed African firepit is the spot for the afterparty where the couple can have their guests enjoy around the firepit with a guitar around the bonfire and spend some quality time. The Function Area will still be at your services for silent discos during your afterparty.
Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat wedding venue offers exceptional yet precise services to make the wedding day special.
● Bridal suite and lounge
● The Den, for the groom to get ready
● Exclusive use of the venue for 3 days and 2 nights
● Alcohol availability
● Alfresco and barbecue area
● Games area
● On-site parking facility
With the combination of country rustic and modern architecture and design, open vistas offering the views of Kangaroo Valley and Tallowa Dam around the bend, surrounding Apple Gum Trees and bushes, you will have a magical wedding festival at Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat.
The venue does not offer in-house catering services, although the couple is not allowed to bring their own caterer as well. Only certain approved caterers are permitted to provide the service. Guests can have beverages at the venue.
Couples can choose to take the stay at the Bush retreat, which encompasses 34 contemporary appointed rooms. These rooms are equipped with air-conditioning facilities. Other than this, there are luxury cabins with 5 bedrooms and lounge space. This accommodation has terrific vistas of the central Dam and other escarpments. If there are any disabled people on the guest list, then couples can choose to have two fully accessible rooms for the disabled. The luxurious accommodation of the bush retreat is apt for 68 guests, and the rest of them can seek accommodation in the nearby spaces. Some other options include the Glamping village.
The bridal suite and the adjoining bridal lounge are all available for the guests where the bridal party can prepare for the wedding and further have it for use. There is also a space called The Den, equipped with a football table, where the groom can get ready before the big day.
The Kangaroo Valley Bush retreat offers the perfect space for the couple to enjoy their big day with friends and family. Surrounded by natural beauty, this space is ideal for personalized wedding functions. You and your guests can enjoy the pool, table tennis, hoopla and Jenga, visit the golf-course or hire kayaks to explore the Tallowa Dam. For more information, kindly fill the form.