The Old Government House hotel & spa is situated along with the Brisbane River just next to Botanic Gardens. This heritage wedding venue with its rich legacy and history offers you a stunning space with a 150-year-old legacy. This five-star hotel provides you with luxurious venues with views of sea and islands. The grand entrance hall with a hand-crafted chandelier come together to give you the perfect place to take your vows and celebrate your special day.
Facilities and Capacity
The Old Government House offers three superb rooms for your wedding. Some of which are:
● The Hall is used for hosting wedding ceremonies, having a capacity for 88 seated guests.
● Receptions at the Old Government House are held in the Hall with the Drawing and Dining Room combined, which provide seating space for up to 150 guests.
For traditional reception dinner, a transformed banquet room is available.
● A dedicated event coordinator works in the planning of your wedding ceremony and reception. A dedicated wedding supervisor ensures that everything on the day proceeds as per the signed event order.
● Decor and furniture, including your choice of chairs and covering, tables, linen, and more are arranged.
● The floor plan can be customized as per your preferences and number of guests.
● Music playback during the ceremony is available, and the Grand Piano placed in the hall can also be used.
● On-site wedding parking for guests can be arranged. Secure guest parking, as well as drop-off access for suppliers, is also available.
● Exhaustive wedding night accommodation package is available.
● Old Government House is luxuriously decorated by protecting its historical integrity. With its $15 million investment in restoration, it has unique pieces. The grand staircase and hand-crafted champagne Swarovski crystal chandelier are some of the most salient details.
Old Government House does not have any in-house catering. They provide you with a list of recommended caterers, and you are also free to choose your preferred catering service.
Plan your wedding at the Old Government House to experience the heritage venue. It is open for public visits from Sunday to Friday, and by filling the form, you can also meet the QUT Venue Collection Team to learn more about what the Old Government House can do for your wedding.