The Ship Inn, a relaxed wedding venue in Brisbane, is located at the South Bank Hotel, which is an iconic landmark. Weddings hosted here span both indoors and outdoors, taking over the complete upper area in the pub. The construction of this hotel was completed in 1864, and it has since been a landmark in the area. This Ship Inn is unlike any other wedding venue, offering a traditional atmosphere with a civilized gastropub. It is the ideal venue not just for weddings, but also for personal and corporate events, casual dining, and hosting lunches.
Facilities and Capacity
The Ship Inn provides both an indoor and outdoor location for hosting events. There are three dining areas, along with the function rooms. It can easily host up to 200 guests cocktail style, and up to 100 guests seated. The building was originally a drinking den famous among sailors but has since transformed into a civil gastro pub with a long history.
● The starting package includes basic setup and a two-course meal, while packages with themes are also available upon your request.
● Sound and video systems are provided without any additional costs.
● Being situated along the prime South Bank area provides easy access from most major transport means.
● There is a private elevator for the function rooms as well, along with a dedicated entrance to the foyer.
● Ceremony on the veranda as a wet weather option is available at no extra cost.
● The venue has a traditional Queenslander type veranda going around the entire building.
● A large menu is available with in-house catering, and there is a lot of flexibility in curating the food and drinks packages.
● Packages for drinks can be bought or simply provided in a bar tab. The choice is left to the hosts.
With a prime location, rich history, a large level of customization in choosing the function room, food, and drinks, the Ship Inn provides hosts with the freedom to set any event with ease and in their budget. The Ship Inn does not have any charges for hiring the venue but instead has packages considering per guest model pricing, which are customized according to your needs. If you are looking for one of the hospitality centres in Brisbane, don’t hesitate to fill the form to get a price offer!