The Portsea Hotel was started in 1876, but its recent renovations have made it the perfect place to hold your wedding in Melbourne. The Portsea Hotel is situated just 1.5 hours away from Melbourne’s CBD. The hotel can be used for private functions, weddings, and other events. It is the ideal location for couples that want to hold their wedding at a destination that has a holiday-like appeal.
Facilities and Capacity
At the Portsea Hotel wedding venue, you will enjoy hosting your wedding at one of the most renowned wedding venues in the Mornington Peninsula. The hotel has ample indoor and outdoor spaces that look over Port Phillip Bay.
● The Longshore West Terrace: This venue space has a capacity for 70 seated guests and 120 stand-up guests. It is situated on the ground floor of the hotel, and it is filled with ample natural light. From this terrace, you can view Port Phillip Bay and the Coastline. The amazing backdrops will be perfect for memorable Portsea Hotel wedding photos.
● Private Dining Room: This dining space is only suitable for an intimate private dinner with your closest loved ones. It has a seated capacity for between 6 and 14 guests. The room is bright and spacious with bay views, and it leads to an outdoor deck area.
● Bertrand Bar: This area has a capacity for 80 seated guests with a dance floor and 110 seated guests without a dance floor. The venue can also accommodate 120 standing guests. The bar has enviable views of Port Phillip Bay, an amazing sunset, and you can also enjoy stargazing at night. With full services, private bar, and large windows, this room is airy for a warm and lovely ambience.
● An award-winning wedding coordinator who will guide you through planning
● Wedding packages to suit every budget and capacity
● A signing table for the ceremony area fitted with chairs
The venue can be decorated according to your liking and preference. With the help of the wedding coordinator, you can get all the materials needed to decorate the venue from recommended suppliers. Most of the venue's chairs are white in colour, and minimal decorations are needed for these.
The in-house catering team at this hotel will prepare dishes for both cocktails and traditional seated dinners. The cocktail options include a wide range of cold canapés, hot canapés, and drinks. For seated dinners, the meals will include your choice of entrée, main, and dessert. You can also choose to have a shared feast menu. The venue also offers a 4-hour beverage package.
You can enjoy the serene accommodation at the Portsea Hotel with adequate rooms for both you and your guests. The hotel has standard rooms, standard suites, a deluxe suite, an executive suite, and a Bayview suite.
Portsea Hotel is the perfect getaway you need for your wedding. The hotel is the ultimate destination for you and your guests to enjoy the celebrations and even stay over for a more fulfilled event. The Portsea Hotel wedding prices are affordable. A non-refundable deposit is required to make a booking for the venue. Get in touch today if you wish to request a price quote.