Conveniently situated in the Sydney CBD and a part of Sydney living museums, The Mint is known as the oldest public building in the city. It is a heritage-listed building that wonderfully blends classic architecture with modern aesthetics and design. Located on the historically relevant Macquarie Street, right next to Hyde Park, this venue is providing a one-of-a-kind experience to its guests. The Mint wedding venue has a dedicated service team to plan your historic but romantic wedding ceremonies and receptions. Couples can also capture beautiful memories in photographs at this picturesque location.
Facilities and Capacity
There are three function areas available at the Mint, Sydney. The combined capacity of the venue is a total of 100 guests for a seated event, and about 250 guests for a standing, cocktail-style reception. Couples can arrange a beautiful, dreamlike wedding at this time capsule of a building:
• The Sandstone Courtyard
With its rustic arched walkways and pave stones, this venue is quite popular among the couples. It is worth every snapshot of the wedding album.
This unique space comes with a cinematic backdrop of historic buildings. For a more suitable option for wet weather, the sleek-looking bar is side-by-side to the Sandstone Courtyard and makes for a perfect place for canapes and pre-dinner drinks.
• The Raised Lawn area
A creative and unforgettable wedding ceremony could be arranged on the Raised Lawn area of the Mint wedding venue. The raised lawn presents a breathtaking picture of a fresh green oasis in contrasts with the stone-cold backdrop. Festoon lights over long banqueting tables make for a spectacular sight, perfect for wedding dinner underneath the stars. This versatile space can be turned around with imagination into something special. Pre-dinner drinks and canapés can be enjoyed in the adjoining bar and the vast sandstone courtyard.
• The Gold Melting Room
Presenting a gorgeous setting for an idyllic wedding reception, the Gold Melting Room offers a sophisticated, yet modern reception venue that overlooks the sandstone courtyard and archways. It brilliantly contrasts contemporary aesthetics with marvellous historic staircases, brilliantly elaborated archways, columned verandah, stained glass windows, and a balcony. Space is where guests can enjoy a la carte meal by the renowned team at Pearl Catering. It is the single biggest event spot that comes with an architecturally-designed curved wooden ceiling.
• Cordless microphone and outdoor speakers are available.
• Complete privacy is provided due to total venue exclusivity throughout the wedding.
• AV team on-site to provide tech support and setting up services
• On-site parking for two vehicles is provided.
• History tours of the Mint
• Private bridal room
• The dedicated wedding coordinator and event supervisor
• Oval banquet tables with white table linen
• Wedding cake cutting and served on platters
• Wedding cake, cars and celebrants can be requested
• 5 hours hire of the entire venue
• With the ongoing partnership with Pearl Catering and the esteemed chef Christine Manfield, the Mint brings exquisite culinary experience to wedding feasts, using nothing but the best, most sustainable produce
• Two canapes on arrival
• 3-course alternate serve menu
• Selection of 5-hour beverage
• Menu tasting
The Mint wedding venue is a sophisticated wedding venue option in a historic place with a picturesque backdrop. To find out more about the pricing and other details about this historic venue, fill the brief form below.