Magically recreating the perfect combination of old-world charm and modern-day luxury, InterContinental Sydney is one of the most beautiful structures located in the famous dress circle of Circular Quay. The hotel is set within the Treasury Building of 1851. Not far from the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, the hotel offers picturesque views from all of its guest rooms and suites making weddings and stay perfect memorable occasions.
Facilities and Capacity
Having hosted numerous weddings and social events in its great premises, InterContinental Sydney has 15 different wedding venues to suit everything from small and private events to large and lavish weddings. The six most popular spaces in the hotel are:
● James Cook Ballroom is one of the largest wedding venues in the InterContinental Sydney. Big receptions with lots of guests are well-suited for this space. It can seat 250 guests for a banquet-style wedding or can accommodate up to 450 guests at one time for a cocktail style wedding reception. The room uses the latest audio-visual technologies to ensure that all guests can enjoy the reception scenes no matter where they are seated. Also, art-chandeliers creates a unique ambience for your wedding.
● Treasury Room comes with high ceilings and huge windows that allow natural daylight to fill the entire room, enhancing the beauty of its royally designed spaces. The Treasury Room is chosen for couples looking for a classy wedding venue and allows a perfect entrance. It can accommodate approximately 120 guests for a banquet-style celebration and about 200 guests for a cocktail-style celebration.
● Harbour Room is a unique and exclusive wedding space usually make a beeline for the couples. It can accommodate up to 40 guests for banquets and up to 100 guests in a cocktail style setup, making it ideal for intimate wedding parties. The views of the Sydney Opera House and the Royal Botanic Gardens will fascinate your guests. This room also comes with its private bar facilities.
● Heritage Room will be transported you into the historical past as you take in views of carefully sculpted pillars and quaint windows. This wedding space is usually chosen for the ceremony because of its traditional look and feel. It can seat up to 50 guests and can be ideal for small wedding receptions as well.
● Fort Macquarie Room is one of the newly renovated function spaces with its private balcony overlooking Royal Botanic Gardens. With its 150 guest capacity in seated or 250 guests in cocktail order, it is suitable for medium-sized weddings. Its neutral colours also create a white canvas for couples who want to design their weddings.
● Club InterContinental is a space on the top floor with a 270-degree panoramic view of the Sydney Harbour. With its floor to ceiling windows and open-air rooftop deck, it creates a contemporary and spacious room for your wedding. It is perfect for small weddings up to 30 guests in banquet or 80 guests in cocktail style.
● Flexible wedding packages
● A dedicated wedding executive
● Décor items
● Staging, bridal table
● State of the art audiovisual systems
● Award-winning culinary team
● A private chef's live station
● Different beverage menus
● Complimentary menu tasting
● Personalised menus based on wedding packages
InterContinental Sydney offers 5-star luxurious guest rooms with different sizes and facilities. Your guests can find a suitable room for themselves from various options. You can have a bridal party in one of the suites or stay overnight on the wedding day. The hotel will help you to arrange your accommodation at a special price.
Refurbished in 2018, the hotel has made all its wedding spaces even more mesmerising. A private tour of the wedding spaces can be requested to help you choose the best venue for your reception and the ceremony. Fill the form below to enquire more about this spectacular wedding venue.