Located in the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, is the famous University House. This 1950s heritage building lies amongst beautiful pristine gardens and water features. It is a unique wedding venue. From a lovely reception in the gardens to a majestic wedding in the Great Hall, everything is possible. Their sculptures, modern facilities, exceptional dining, and warm, intimate atmosphere work closely to form a charming setting for your wedding.
Facilities and Capacity
• The Great Hall: The breathtaking Great Hall is suitable for grand weddings and galas. It offers flexible arrangements and can accommodate up to 190 guests for a sit-down dinner, 350 guests for a cocktail reception, and 275 for a theatre-style arrangement.
• The Common Room: This room glitters with grace and warmth. It can accommodate about 120 guests for a dinner reception, 250 guests for a cocktail party, and 140 guests for a theatre-style arrangement.
• The Drawing Room: This facility is suitable for smaller gatherings. It can accommodate up to 50 guests for a dinner wedding, 80 guests for a cocktail reception, and 80 for a theatre-style arrangement.
• The Gardens: The gardens can be used for an intimate wedding of 40 to 50 guests.
The carefully groomed gardens also offer a picturesque background for your wedding with an amazing view of the Australian National University campus.
• Bridal suite
• Dance floor
• Catering services
• Bar services
• Audio and sound systems
• Set up and clean-up of the venue
• Special accommodation rates for your guests
The University House is a classic 1950s building with stately architecture. It is a heritage house with a mix of mid-century designs and modern facilities. The event spaces are filled with classic décor and lighting. You can also choose to convey warmer and more intimate lighting and add twinkling lights to your decoration, which will point out the harmony between the classic and modern decors of the Great Hall to a greater extent.
As for the garden weddings, the white chairs, buckets of flowers, high candleholders, and sunflower centrepieces offer a very welcoming atmosphere.
Enjoy delightful meals from their food and beverages team experienced in hospitality. They have a variety of packages to cater to all your nutritional needs. You can have a buffet, a buffet dinner, a garden barbecue buffet, plated lunch and dinners, sharing and grazing platters, canapes, and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage packages. More so, they offer complete menu planning and a selected list of suppliers from musicians to florists.
The University House has over 105 hotel rooms available for lodging. These rooms are well equipped with amenities like bathrooms, seating areas, TVs, free Wi-Fi, and air-conditioning.
The accommodation services include a fully cooked breakfast.
Whatever your desires might be about how you want your wedding to turn out, the University House has you covered as they offer you great value.
You can fill the form to place a booking for the venue.